*Visible Talent is the inclusive recruitment agency hiring on behalf of the employer.
- Must possess appropriate TX LCDC Intern licensure/certification.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or a closely related field is required.
- One (1) year of experience in the mental health or substance use counseling field is required.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines individual and group needs based on results of screening and assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
- Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in accordance with partner agencies, and prevailing state regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or specific programs.
- Facilitates participant engagement in the treatment process, promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or concerns.
- Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents, assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals, according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing laws and regulation(s).
- Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.